GOOD Magazine seeks a Website Editor
This senior editorial position will oversee daily operations of GOOD online, one component of a multimedia lifestyle brand for the global citizen and creative change-maker. GOOD Magazine and website consists of a quarterly, print publication and a website that publishes feature and blog content in the form of news, commentary, photography, design, and the best new writing.
- The Website Editor will conceptualize, edit, assign, and sometimes write a daily feature article for the GOOD Website.
- The Website Editor will work with the Information Editor and Artistic Director to illustrate editorial-driven content with infographics, photography, slideshows, video, or design. The Website Editor will also work with the Information Editor and Artistic Director to generate editorial for features that are conceptualized visually.
- The Website Editor will be a key member of the GOOD Editorial team, attending weekly editorial meetings, sharing ideas between web and print, brainstorming, and developing stories that will be published across media.
- The Website Editor is responsible for maintaining a daily editorial schedule for the feature well of the website, ensuring that 4 to 6 features run every week.
- The Website Editor will also be responsible for maintaining a daily editorial schedule of 3 to 4 blog posts. The bloggers will come from a variety of backgrounds (including visual, graphic, editorial, information driven) and will represent commentary across genres and means (visual and editorial).
- The Website Editor will help build a team of bloggers and will be responsible for managing the bloggers and their schedule, as well as recruiting new bloggers.
- Under the Managing Editor, the Website Editor will oversee operations on the website and be responsible for coordinating assistant editors, copy editors, fact checking, art, technicians, and freelancers to ensure the website is well run, reliable, interesting, current, innovative, factual, and attracting readers.
- The Website Editor will coordinate with the Special Projects Editor to incorporate partnerships into the website feature well: this will include programming partnership content as well as collaborating with the Special Projects Editor to generate GOOD content that partners can sponsor.
- The Website Editor will oversee and work with the Social Media Editor, as well as technical staff, assistant editor staff, and freelancers, as appropriate.
- The Website Editor reports to GOOD’s Managing Editor.
- The website editor should be demonstrably fluent with online news, trends, and best practices. The website editor should be especially interested in news and trends.
- The website editor should be a strong line editor with proven ability to work with writers, vet pitches, solicit new work, and match writers with projects.
- The website editor should come in with a good network of freelance contributors to draw on as well as a strong interest in developing new contributors—and creativity about how to find them.
- Must love new ideas, good storytelling, thinking outside the box, working across platforms, and collaborating.
- The Website Editor will be joining GOOD in a transitional period, and should be interested in helping to craft a strong new sensibility for the brand. This means a solid awareness of what is going on in the industry, the boldness to forge new directions, and the wherewithal to keep the product directed and innovative.